Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Art Spam by ~furious-teapot on deviantART

Thought I'd share some snippets from my visual journal, or at least the parts I didn't mind so much.
Some of you who've been through my sketchbook will recognize some of these. I feel a little girly for doing watercolours of horses and faun. Uh.

Speaking of watercolours (Did you see that? My clever little transitional line?), the other day I was contemplating the uses of masking fluid, and came across this tutorial on DA:


Masking fluid - an Un-tutorial by *Gold-Seven on deviantART

Needless to say it's a good warning to anyone using it for the first time. Sometimes we learn more from other peoples failures rather than their successes.

Have you ever learnt a valuable lesson from a mistake? And no, I'm not talking about the time you commented on an individuals appearance when they were right in front of you disguised in their Halloween best. I'm talking of course about art and animation!

Drop a comment!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see your artwork up on your blog. Nice work Tim! It will be great to see more.

    ReplyDelete