Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Legend of the Guardians

Just went to see it today. Blew my mind. In like three different ways.
I think may have even came a few times during one or two scenes. Well not really, because that would be kind of gross. You understand what I'm trying to get at though, no?

In case you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out the video down below.

The attention to detail was otherworldly, which makes me wonder how many times their computers died trying to render a single frame. The story may not have been 'extremely involved', but who said it had to be? Why does everything have to be the next Lord of the Rings? The music was extremely well timed with some crucial moments, and if anyone knows me it's that I love a decent soundtrack.

To see an Australian animation studio producing a film at such a high quality level is really exciting for me to see, and it gives me hope that, you know, I might not have to move to another country to work in a big studio one day.

And also owls. I love owls.

If anyone else has seen it, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the film. :)


1 comment: